NYC STEM & BUSINESS
DATES : July 8 - 19
We will teach you the fundamentals of how the business of real estate works in a major city like New York. Understanding the environmental science of urban development will be our focus. You will create a business plan by leveraging your knowledge and interests in the sciences. Also you will establish a marketing strategy and work with a team of peers to compete on a collaborative commercial real estate project in New York City.
You’ll work with real estate professionals, local environmental scientists to create a business proposal that you and your team will pitch to the corporate supports.
We expect to fill this cohort with smart, competitive teens that have an interest is STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) and are ready to challenge the status-quo in Gotham City!
In addition,….we’ll have a lot of FUN!
- Field Trips – To nearby states as well as NYC corporate partners
- Step Show Performance – led by local Fraternity/Sorority members
- Intramural Sports, Yoga
- Talent Show, Central Park and Harlem Kick-back time, and a final night PJ House Party……Oh yeah, we get it in😊!
Your Parents/Guardians will be pleased to hear:
- SAT/ACT Prep and fully proctored SAT/ACT test
- College Prep Discussion from nearby university Admissions Counselors
- “Keeping It Real” nightly with “Talking Stick” sessions.
· Speakers Series – Focusing on college taboos: “Anxiety, Angst, Depression, Racism” and how you can navigate and separate the truth from fiction once you arrive on campus.
Application Fee: $50 (Fee Waivers Available For Those Who Qualify)
Program Tuition: $1,500 (Tuition Grants Available For Those Who Qualify)