What is Nexus Summer Programs?
We develop and deliver teen summer programs for nonprofit organizations that seek to improve college readiness and expand career choice.
We bring together 3-Primary Stakeholders into an Immersive 2-week College & Career Experience
1. Funding Source Volunteers with
2. University Site Hosts and
3. Top Talent High School/Early College Student Participants
Traditional college readiness programs provide college-level coursework without addressing the realities of campus culture, and What It Actually Takes to thrive within the campus community - leaving the student with a false sense of readiness once he/she arrives on campus. On the other hand, Career Exposure Programs are relegated to “Industry-In-A-Box” competitions. Students rarely gain insight into the daily business operations which may help them discern if the company or industry is a good fit for their interests.
To Align with nonprofit organizations and industry funders that seek to immerse students into real-world learning experiences anchored on university campuses. Our goal is to expose teens to what it takes to thrive at a particular college while expanding the students view of career options
Check Us Out
What Happens During The Program?
Choose An Area of Interests for 2019:
- Business Entrepreneurship
- Urban Planning/Development/Construction
- Banking/Wall Street Finance
- Community Development
• Live on College-Campus for 12-days • Treated like a College Freshman • All Project Work – Team Based • Rigorous Final Team Project Competition • Site Visits – (Porsche, Oculus, Tyler Perry Studios, Many More) • Citywide “Amazing Race” Team Competition. • Fireside Chats – Professional Entrepreneurs • Stepping – Taught by Frats/Sorors • Sports – Access to University Workout Facilities • Free SAT Prep by Princeton Review with Full Practice Test • Weekends at the Park, Beach, Amusement Park, Baseball Game or Mall • Tons of SWAG!!! • Great Food – “WE LOVE LATE NIGHT UBER EATS"....and much more!